Re: (TFT) Shield rush in Melee --> Momentum of heavy blows.

> Peter wrote....
>
> * It can also be fun and gratifying to really smack someone, and have them
> fly back. Or, scary to see your enemy hit someone and send them flying.

"Charles Gadda" wrote...

Just like Sorehead (errr.... Sauron) in PJ's version of FOTR, eh? Can't
disagree with you here at all - it WOULD be quite fun/scary for the reasons
cited.

For years I allowed my players to buy weapon that are enchanted for damage or for knockback. One elf who prefered a crowbar had one enchanted for +5 knockback. He called it the 'pry bar'. Anyway after the Fellowship came out several of my players commented that it looked like Sauron was doing one handed sweeping blows with a 'pry bar'. With our house rule for extra knock back already in place, all they wanted to know was "if I have 10 more St than required for a 1-handed weapon can I do sweeping blows with it?"

   David Michael Grouchy II