RE: (TFT) Spellcasting, Fatigue, Wounds and Arrows

Hi Peter,

Not to pester, but just as an academic heads up, your original rules say the opposite of your explanation of them in two other places, as well. That is, you just wrote:

1) "First we have never interpreted the rules to say a wizard receives a -2 penalty for casting a spell that takes 5 or more strength."

But your original post reads:
"Fatigue will slow you down (-2DX if 5 points accrued in 1 turn; -3DX if you are within 3 of Total Fatigue)."

We differentiate between a hostile fatigue loss (as in a Drain strength spell) and fatigue lost to spell casting. I was trying to pull this all together from memory since we don't have it written down (until now).

2) You also just wrote: "At that point the wizard will have 1 fatigue and 3 health. His DX penalties will total -6, -3 for the fatigue and -3 for the wounds."

But your original post reads:
"Penalties from fatigue do not combine with penalties from wounds. If you are within 3 of total fatigue and within 3 of dying, you only have a penalty of -3DX not -6DX."

You are correct here. I must have been getting tired. My original post is how we play. We do not combine the penalties if both categories are within 3. The fact is, our wizards don't use this much. They leave before it gets this bad.