Re: (TFT) Spellcasting, Fatigue, Wounds and Arrows

In a message dated 11/24/2003 5:36:44 PM Central Standard Time,
shepherd93@insightbb.com writes:

> As a GM, I would not allow the iron filings trick unless it was a LARGE
> amount. We always assumed a quantity equal to one coin or one ring. This
> caused problems for wizards when they found magic rings made of iron.

I wouldn't consider one coin/ring worth of iron filings (5 grams) to be a
"LARGE" amount. And under my house rules that amount wouldn't be a problem. It
would take iron equal in weight to *two* coins or rings to give a -1 Dx penalty,
or equal to eight or more coins/rings to give the full -4 Dx.

> We also felt a wizard would know immediately if he had iron on his person.
> This came up when a thief tried a reverse pickpocket to plant an iron ring
> on a wizard. Talk about debate!

Hm. I'd say that the wizard would automatically know if thought about it, or
even if he just though about casting a spell. I'm not so sure I'd say he'd
immediately know if was thinking about things other than magic.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow