Re: (TFT) Spellcasting, Fatigue, Wounds and Arrows

"Bizarre" is an understatement...

In fairness, though, when TFT was written there wasn't a tremendous amount
of accessible information on the subject of arms and armour (though
Oakeshott had written both "Sword in the Age of Chivalry" and "Archaeology
of Weapons", among other works, well before this. Perhaps not commonly
available at the time, but a little digging should have turned them up...)
so some of the more oddball statistics can be slightly forgiven.

Going back to the dagger and rapier, the .5 kg for a dagger is spot on. I
just weighed a sword-hilted dagger that I rehilted awhile ago and it tipped
the scales at right around 1-1/4 lbs.

The rapier, on the other hand, might still be a bit underweight - many of
those were closer to 3 lbs owing to the elaborate handguard. Even the estoc
(a forebear of the rapier that had a thrusting blade paired with what might
be thought of as a "standard" medieval hilt) put out by MRL seems to be in
that range.

Upping the damage for the rapier is a good idea, but going 1d+1 rather than
2d-3 might be a better route, considering that the rapier does damage
differently than most swords (thrusting rather than shearing)