Re: (TFT) Magic Item Economics

In a message dated 12/2/2003 12:24:34 PM Central Standard Time,
tbeard@tyler.net writes:

> Has anyone put together a spreadsheet on the costs of producing TFT magic
> items? I was about to do so, but I don't want to duplicate effort.

Not one that's in accordance with the standard rules.

I couldn't manage to reverse-engineer all the economic assumptions that went
into the item costs (or the tables of costs for new potions & items in
Advanced Wizard). Besides, some of the factors I could nail down were way off for my
campaign.

(2% per week interest??? No. Maybe for extremely speculative ventures (e.g.
grubstaking an adventuring party) with a huge default rate, but not for
something like magic item creation, even in a medievalish campaign.)

So I decided to throw out the "book" values and redo the whole thing from
scratch. My item costs now bear only a coincidental resemblance to the "book"
values.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow