(TFT) Hello everyone!

Hi!

I'm new to The Fantasy Trip list so I thought that I would quickly
introduce myself. My name is David Miller, I live on Long Island (New
York) and I started playing Melee/Wizards back in 1977.

>From reading the archives I know that many of you use paper counters to
play. I started out playing with miniatures and haven't stopped. Lately
I've been working on ways to create scenery much the way you see the
Warhammer crowd do, only with hexes (why should they have all of the fun
huh?). This has brought up a need for "house rules" for engagement,
movement, DEX adjustments, etc. due to multi-level situations. Maybe
I'll get some of you to comment on these rules at a later time. Recently
I've been working on a 3D "Bridge of Khazad-Dum" Lord of the Rings
scenario. (I've been trying to get the play balance to work, the
Fellowship player usually gets stomped.)

I'm pretty much a purist when it comes to the rules. I really don't like
to tinker with them very much. The system works so well as it was
written. However, after playing this game as much as I have over the
past 27 years (yikes! I need to get a life!) I have made a few minor
adjustments. I'll try to write something up about them soon.

Lately my (small) group has been playing a lot of mass arena style games
where we all take 5 to 8 figures and fight to the last team standing. I
give a fairly generous point spread for these games so as to allow for
the creation of some pretty formidable characters. With experienced
fighters swinging great swords one handed and IQ 21 wizards casting 7
hex dragons it becomes a night of pure hack 'n slash. It's nice to get
that out of your system now and then.

I hope to post often to the list. If any members live in the New York
area please drop me an e-mail. I'd like to hear from you.

Regards,
--David