Re: (TFT) Hello everyone!

At 22:19 -0500 2/9/04, David Miller wrote:
Lately my (small) group has been playing a lot of mass arena style games
where we all take 5 to 8 figures and fight to the last team standing. I
give a fairly generous point spread for these games so as to allow for
the creation of some pretty formidable characters. With experienced
fighters swinging great swords one handed and IQ 21 wizards casting 7
hex dragons it becomes a night of pure hack 'n slash. It's nice to get
that out of your system now and then.

Oh, cool! You know, I know this is a lot to ask, but if it's convenient, would you mind posting a Howard-Cosell-style blow-by-blow description of one of those melees, sometime? I've played a lot with beginning or near-beginning characters, but I really can't claim to have enough experience to understand what happens at higher levels - what spells and tactics work, and what doesn't. Something like this sounds like just what I'd like to hear. I'm sort of another rules purist (though I like to combine them in unexpected ways), so hearing about a serious combat done by canon sounds very nice.

Do any of your huge-melee teams ride in on warhorses, Cavalry Lances levelled?

Do the huge-melees allow magic items, or just native talents?