Re: (TFT) Hex map --> Rick's version.

  I've bough a Chessex battle map with 24 mm hexes.
Using colored indelible markers, I draw on mega-hexes
(level 2 hexes), mega-mega-hexes (level 3 hexes)
and mega-mega-mega-hexes (level 4 hexes).  Note
that one level 4 hex is equal to a hex in Lords
of the Underearth.

  Large area spells can use these.  For example
Rain of Slivers could cover the wizard's Lv3 hex
and all Lv3 hexes with in two of it.

  As for straight walls on a hex grid, the walls
run along the hex grain and at 90 degrees on the
alternate hex grain.  The half filled in hexes
count as crowded for -2 DX for anyone in them.

  Works for me.

  Warm regards, Rick