Re: (TFT) Pentagrams and gates?

I'd say yes.

Why shouldn't it work? Gates specifically defy limits on movement through space, so the pentagram is never "crossed" by the magic of the gate. You can cast spells inside a pentagram, and each casting of Create Gate is at an isolated location, and the spell says gates work "from ANYWHERE to ANYWHERE, as long as the wizard who created it was able to reach both "ends" to set it up" (capitalization from AW).

Of course, gates created with a pentagram might often be set up to only work as long as the pentagram was down, or other useful rules.

PvK

At 11:28 PM 2/13/04 -0500, ErolB1@aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 2/13/2004 7:17:35 PM Central Standard Time,
rsmith@lightspeed.ca writes:

>I vote no.

> On Fri, 2004-02-13 at 09:42, Mark Tapley wrote:
>> All,
>>     Question: If a wizard creates a Permanent Pentagram, and then
>> puts one end of a Gate inside it, can the other end of the Gate be
>> outside of it? I vote yes, but wanted to see what everyone else
>> thinks.

My gut reaction is "yes, but only if the other end of the Gate is *also* in a
Permanent Pentagram"

Erol