Re: (TFT) Hex map

From: David Miller <djmiller@i-2000.com>

"And yea and verily I say unto you cast off the vile, evil megahexes.
Send them back to the abyss where they belong. See the true light of
megahexless Melee"

David,
(/roleplaying mode on, small bhudist monk voice) "Ah, but we keep our ancient traditions presicely because they are quaint and to remind us of where we come from." (/roleplaying mode off) Really, I'll play on any kind of map. I just enjoy slapping out the old mega hexes. And it's kinda nice to maintain the flavor my campaigns have had for so many years.

Using this method I think my melee maps look a lot better. I've created
everything from grassy fields using model railroad grass complete with
textured roads to cracked, stone floor dungeons. If I had tried to
incorporate megahexs in my set ups I don't believe I could have pulled
them off as well.

Sounds quite colorfull. Mine is rather black and white in contrast. I never though of using rail road grass, or any other texture material, to the tops of the sheets before. There is another reason I use mega hexes. Quite a bit of mythology has built up around magic being tied to the exact shape of the mega hexes, in my campaigns. A summoned creature can only appear in the wizard's mega mega hex. So which mega hex they are standing in can affect things greatly. But like I said, it's just a bit of tradition the players have come to expect in my campaigns.

    David Michael Grouchy II