Re: (TFT) Turbo-destriers?

Did some more reading and thinking about this.

Option a): The discussion under "Continuing Spells", AW p. 7, makes it sound like one could cast Speed on a 2-hex creature just by doubling the cost (both to cast and to maintain). I note, however, the distinction for creation spells, where a multi-hex version is a whole different (but closely related) spell.

Re: training the horse - I might rule that the horse can go faster magically with no special training, but the *rider* would have to be an Expert Horseman and would require training to avoid falling off (else would have to make a 3/DX roll each turn, or fall off).

Option b): Had another thought on the old saw about "lead a horse to water....". I think if one used the "Control Animal" spell, one actually *would* be able to make the horse drink, so administering the potion should be do-able.