Re: (TFT) Critical Spell Failures

I agree with practically your entire last post, Erol.

> And above all, *please* don't try to tell me that it's "more realistic" to
> have Bad Shit happen ten or a hundred or a thousand times more often than
> would happen in real life. A breakage rate of 1 per 216 attacks for
> weapons of ordinary decent quality is no more realistic than the
> infamous exploding cars of Hollywood chase scenes.

If all that happens in an attack is a single orthodox swing, perhaps not,
and of course you can add a quality/skill check to confirm the result.

Do consider though that a 5-second attack may involve several swings,
parries, weapon on weapon strikes in ways it's not supposed to happen, and
possibly things like accidentally hitting stone, burying a blade in soft
wood or something and getting stuck, having someone's body weight applied
to the weapon in a bad way, etc. A weapon can be lost in one try if the
right abuse is applied to it.

PvK