RE: (TFT) Stupid Newby Questions

From: Tod Glenn <section9@solsec.org>

A couple of quick questions.  Scouring the books, I haven't found how to
determine starting money or equipment for new characters.  Am I missing
something?

Tod,
The characters should get jobs and work for a number of weeks predetermined by the GM. But don't let the players work too long. Six months for starting characters is the tradition in my campaign. This is the minimum time for one enlistment in the army or police (ITL page 25 LEAVING ON AN ADVENTURE) without being AWOL. More time than that runs a risk of one player getting on a hot streak with their risk rolls and getting too many extra character points.

Also, are there any particularly useful websites useful to a GM new (or
returning after too many years) to TFT?

    Try the TFT web ring.

    http://www.weirdrealm.com/tftring/

    80,563 visitors since January 1, 2001