Re: (TFT) Test of general MELEE knowledge, NUMBER III

>    The GM over rules this, saying e2 still engages Fingoul, and becoming
> engaged his movement ends for the turn.  All he can do is change his
action.

I'd rule this this way, too.

>     So now the Fingoul dicides to set vs. charge on the new enemy [e2].
So
> no matter what the original enemies Dx is this turn fingoul will get to
> attack first.  Even if the original enemy's Dx is higher.  [e] gets Dx +1
> because he waited for an opening last turn.  On top of that [e] hasn't
> attacked yet, so fingoul is not sure what his Dx actually is.
>     At this point the enemy player tries to claim that Fingoul can't set
vs.
> charge.  Because e2 moved too far to action.  Thus he isn't really charge
> attacking.  That being an action.

"Set vs. charge" isn't "set vs. charge attack". Thus, f could set vs. charge
vs e2. Whoever has higher DX, f or e, would go first, the other second.
That's how I'd do it.

Makes no sense that you can only get a set vs charge against someone who
moves 1/2 MA or less, when itwoudl be easier the further they charged.

A better argument for e2 would be that f is already engaged, and so can't
set vs. charge, though I sure don't recall that being written anywhere.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com