RE: (TFT) Test of general MELEE knowledge, NUMBER III

    Here is my prepaired one sentence answer.

    Fingol gets to set vs. charge.

Sorry, no tricks this time. The only grey area is that a figure cannot charge attack if they are engaged. Charge attack is listed with an asterix (*) on the Advanced Melee options table, so it can only be done by a disengaged figure. So if a figure shifts around to engage a new foe, they cannot charge. But it says nothing in AM about setting vs. charge being limited in this way. My player got hostile with me because I ruled that he couldn't set vs. charge. It seems to me that it is harder, and leaves the character more open, to set vs. charge than to charge attack. And if you can't do the latter while engaged... But I relented as I always defer to what the rules say.

    David Michael Grouchy II