Re: (TFT) Test of general MELEE knowledge, NUMBER III

At 11:16 PM 2/28/04 -0500, Alan Resmondo wrote:
The waiting for an opening rule is an optional rule on page 20 of AM.  I
allowed it when it was announced IN ADVANCE by the player.

If e did not state he was waiting for an opening, I did not allow it.

Ah, page 21. Forgot about that one. We used aiming, for missile weapons, but I'd forgotten about being able to do it with swords. Missing an attack for a chance at a +1 to hit next turn ... I think now I vaguely remember laughing about it and having the one or two people who used it become the subject of great derision. "Goofov decides not to attack this turn, in order to aim his axe better..." (The players crack up. Goofov becomes labelled as incompetent and is the subject of many unfair jokes thereafter.). Kind of like the ST 16 DX 6 hobgoblin apprentice who would repeatedly try to cast Far Vision during travel, and sometimes pass out from fatigue before succeeding.

PvK