RE: (TFT) Test of general WIZARD knowledge, NUMBER I.rtf

Glad you caught that.  :)

I would rule that after the wizard had diluted his own
spirit with this burn-then-drain schema, never resting
but always drawing spirit from the Undine... (Who was
herself drawing spirit from a magical elemental
manifestation, so we'll forgive that, for now...)
...that after several iterations of this, he might if
lucky find it works less well, and less and less well
with each iteration, since while _she_ is an immortal
elemental spirit, _he_ is not.  The essences he
manipulates to work magic have become diluted.  "Take
a freakin nap, mage-boy."

If he's unlucky, he might find that a stray drop of
merfolk blood or some other influence allow him to
continue this dilution of his humanity.  I'd probably
warn the player of this by describing the wonderful
feeling of the magic rainstorm...  Seasoned players in
_my_ worlds would at this point run screaming from the
lab.

Did he really think the guild would pass up such an
opportunity?  Or that the "25 St per day" apprentice
standard was somehow largess for the working mage?
"You spend your very life to shape reality itself...
do not do so recklessly."

BTW, did I ever tell you guys, Dar Fannen had webbed
hands and toes?  :)

And the Glamour spell, of course.

--- David Michael Grouchy II