Re: (TFT) How often should TFT swords Break

It makes perfect sense to give different break chances to special makes of weapon.

However I think that increasing the chance to 1/36 confirmation on an 18 should be about the extreme. Requiring a second 18 after an 18, should only be for things that are supposed to be almost really impossible to destroy.

This from my stance in the previous discussion on broken weapon chances, which is:

* Yes the break chance may be way too high compared to the chance a weapon would simply break on ordinary contact.

* However, it seems clear to me that the chance of breaking must take into account all other things that could possibly happen during to-the-death combat, which includes all sorts of abuse. Most weapons can be destroyed by accidental extreme abuse which could happen in combat situations which are only covered in the die rolls. Most broken weapons in combat probably aren't the result of hitting the intended target, but of something like accidentally hitting a wall, applying great force to the side, twisting, getting stuck in something, a rare opportunity given to the enemy to break the weapon in an unusual way, etc. In those cases, the quality isn't all that important. The best weapon can be broken or rendered unusable if the right abuse can be applied to it, and quality doesn't do much to the chance of that happening by accident in combat.

Adding some saving through based on the owner's skill might be appropriate, though.

PvK