Re: (TFT) How often should TFT swords Break

-- Peter von Kleinsmid <pvk@oz.net> wrote:-------------------
It makes perfect sense to give different break chances to special makes of weapon.

However I think that increasing the chance to 1/36 confirmation on an 18 should be about the extreme. Requiring a second 18 after an 18, should only be for things that are supposed to be almost really impossible to destroy.

I thought of that too, on one hand I am inclined to agree that 1 in 45,000 chance of breakage means there is almost no reason to roll.

On the other hand, such a well made sword is made by a master armorer, out of superior metals, and costs 200 times what a normal sword would (per AM).  so being 200 times less likely to break does not seem that unreasonable.

Maybe I'll present both alternatives to my players, and see which house rule they'd prefer.  Or they may surprise me and want to leave things as they are, since breaking and/or dropping weapons adds to the color and risk of combat, and they REALLY like combat.

Thanks for the input,
John