Re: (TFT) +2 DX for pole weapons.???

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Smith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>

> > If so, that would be a house rule of yours. No
> > such thing in the Melee rules as written. Going
> > from unengaged to engaged is a charge attack,
> > and gets the double damage.
> >
> > PvK
>
> Going from unengaged to engages IS a
> charge attack but to get the *2 damage it must
> be 3 hexes in a straight line.

Unless I've overlooked something, the following section from AM appears to
contradict you:

"A charge attack is defined as an attack in which the attack-er moves from a
non-adjacent hex to a hex adjacent to his target. If you begin your move
next to (but not engaged with) an enemy, you can move one hex away and then
move back --this is still a charge attack. Pole weapons are good either FOR
or AGAINST charges."

I think that the rule you suggest is a good idea, though. In fact, I *think*
it may have appeared in one of the revisions of Melee post-Steve Jackson.

I would require that the "straight line" be traced from moving figure to
target to avoid problems caused by the hex grain.

--Ty