Re: (TFT) Pole weapon users must charge 3 hexes in a straight line rule.

Our players similarly noticed the deadly polearm issue, and the Interplay
article, and dismissed the "run three hexes" rule (and in my case, forgot
all about it) after considering how silly the movement would be (think too
of non-pole users "zig-zagging into combat" to negate the enemy defensive
charge bonus). We did keep the suggestion in Interplay to let 2-handed
swords try to chop through polearms, but that didn't work particularly
often.

I think David's (add a die damage instead of doubling) revision actually
looks like a pretty ideal solution, though.

PvK