Re: (TFT) Pole weapon users must charge 3 hexes in a straight line ru le.

John--

Thanks for the compliment to my rule variant. I understand what you are saying, I have run Melee "by the book" since the late 70's and have lost some players over the years simply because I was not flexible when it came to the rules. Many have wanted to add in overly
complicated rules to try to solve perceived problems that would just destroy the flow of the game. (On the other hand I still play with many purists that agree with me 100% when it comes to leaving the rules alone.)

I've always found the TFT rules to be well balanced and very playable so I've always been reluctant to tinker with them. I changed the pole weapon rules in our campaign only after struggling with them for the past few years. The solution (for me) needed to work and to
be easily integrated into the game as originally written. I had always felt pole weapons were way to powerful compared to the other weapons and I'm evidently not alone in this believe. Unfortunately, every solution I've found over the years, created overly complicated
movement rules, DX modifiers, and other major alterations to the rules that I was just not willing to make. I'm glad that (so far) my variant seems to be well received with some of the other members of the TFT list. It's worked well for our group now for the past year
or so.

--David