Re: (TFT) New TFT Attribute -- Size

I use a highly simplified size attribute: "Size," in my games, is the
critter's size in hexes. But this also includes "1/2 hex" beings and "1-1/2 hex"
beings. Both occupy one hex on the combat grid, but use the 0.5 or 1.5 number in
calculations involving size.

For example, I require sprinting characters to pay 2 St (fatigue) *per hex of
size* - thus 1/2 hex beings pay 1 St, normal-sized 1 hex beings pay 2 St, 1.5
hex beings pay 3 St, 2 hex beings pay 4 St and so on.

Likewise, a Megahex Freeze spell requires a save of 4 dice *per hex of size
in the area of effect* - so a normal 1-hex figure would roll 4 dice, a 1.5 hex
figure would have to roll 6 dice, a 3 hex giant would have to roll 12 dice,
and so on.

1.5 hex figures are also harder to knock down with high weapon damage, while
0.5 hex figures are easier to knock down.

One problem with this system is what happens when the saving throw is an odd
number of dice for a one-hex figure.

I have a talent that human and orc characters can take, to make them 1.5 hex
figures - it gives them increased St, but also the disadvantages of the bigger
size. Lizardmen already get this talent as a racial feature.

Erol K. Bayburt
Evil Genius for a Better Tomorrow