(TFT) Greetings and Salutations!

Howdy! I am new to the TFT mailing list and would like to present the customary letter of introduction. Like many on the list, I began playing Melee in 1977 and Wizard as soon as it was released. I picked up these and many other games at Rider's Hobbies in Flint, Michigan and have been enjoying wargaming in various was ever since. I currently reside in Poquoson, Virginia and play occasionally with the Atomic Comics Emporium game club.

I have been enjoying reactivating The Fantasy Trip over the past couple weeks, and have been enjoying the creative work of the members of this list very much via the list archive. I have also had a great time surfing the TFT web ring. Great job everyone, I am so impressed!

Part of my current pursuit of TFT stems from the end of the school year. My children, 7 and 11, are out for the summer and are finally old enough to take an interest in RPG's. While I have the third edition D&D books, I just have not been willing to take the time to get up to speed enough to DM d20. (Or maybe I would go after Hackmaster instead.) On the other hand, I can still play Melee without even opening the book (the purple and white cover is getting frail anyway). So I am preparing to give my kids an introduction to TFT via a little home-made campaign. (Suggestions welcome!) We will be using the new Dungeons & Dragons Miniatures line for our pieces, plus a few things from Mage Knight and Lord of the Rings Tradeable Miniatures. For younger kids you need a solid visual appeal. I think it will turn out to be lots of fun.

Cheers!

David Peterson =====