Re: (TFT) Question to list... Shooting twice per turn.

Other reasons why it wouldn't make sense include:

Consider crossbows' reduced reload time. Clearly the DX used is that for
reloading, not for what the target might be.

Consider shooting at two different targets at different ranges - which one
would be used to calculate rate of fire? Also, if that were supposed to be
the rule, this would need to be specified in the rules somewhere, and it
is not.

Consider the level of complexity of the rest of the rules, and the fact
to-hit penalties don't and couldn't without dire playability impace affect
melee combat sequence (see earlier discussion some months ago). It would
go against common sense (the range to target isn't directly related to
reloading speed), and complicate play.

I do quite like the house rule you mentioned of a DX penalty for using the
higher rate of fire, though. It's a lot fairer considering the sudden
doubling compared to someone with one DX lower than required to fire
2/turn at no penalty.

PvK