Re: (TFT) Starship troopers.

Starship Troopers:  Worst Movie Adaption Ever.

I do not see any problem with doing an
adaption for the book.  For a long time
I ran a TFT SF campaign called 'delta
world'.  My only real adaption was making
the combat turns 1 second so individual
shots could be taken with a pistol.

It was kinda cool.  People would say, "I
leap behind those bins for cover and
while I'm in the air I fire 3 shots at
him with my laser!"

Then the action would begin and shots
would be fired.  Combat felt like it was
happening in slow motion as cascades of
bullets filled the air and the PC
floated thru the open area, firing
one shot between batches of return fire.

It required a lot more GM fiat than
regular TFT, but we all had fun.

However, building equimpment, space
ships, weapons, armor, etc, etc, etc.