Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V3 #629

At 07:54 PM 11/10/04 -0600, rmorger wrote:
I was basing it on the original novels not any game or
movie

I'd refer you to the 1970's Avalon Hill boardgame Starship Troopers for a good starting point... or just play that game for a while to get it out of your system.

I actually did try to interest one of my TFT players in "roleplaying" in a battle using that board game system, but that wasn't so good since it's a wargame and was like "you are an ant amidst a massive battlefield".

But a good experienced GM who thought it through could no doubt come up with some fun sessions, one way or another.

PvK