Re: (TFT) Doing damasge modernly

Hi,

Agreement, with a few thoughts. The .22 to the chest is generally more dangerous because it (due to speed) is a penetrative weapon - more equivalent damagewise to spear than to club. But lots of people have taken .22s to the torso and lived. The modern weapon I would treat as equivalent to a light club would be, for example, the rubber "crowd control" rounds. Which can still kill if you're unlucky. I tend to think of a high-powered rifle round as equivalent in damage to a charging lance (6-2). It's a lot lighter but a lot faster. A bazooka will definitely smear people - but explosives have always changed the equation (see Petard). As for a minigun, it isn't the power of the rounds, it's the number. IIRC most models I've seen are using .223 - I wouldn't give that more than 1+1 damage (keeping in mind that my MARKSMANSHIP talent was like FENCING for modern weapons - double and triple damage was not uncommon), but if a dozen or so rounds hit.... I tend to think of it more like Wizard's Wrath. For a minigun I would probably just roll 3d6 to see how many rounds hit, then roll the damage. For a Uzi burst, I'd roll d6 for rounds, then damage. That's where the really killer damage starts. And that makes flak vests usable since they're not trying to stop 6d6, modern armor will stop say, 4,5, or 6 hits from EACH round (Fine Plate might stop 2 from each).

Best,

Eric