(TFT) Modern Damage --> Penetration damage.

Just a big thanks to everyone who has joined this
discussion.  I've read them all even tho I'm not
commenting on every post.

My feeling is that there is an easy and natural
way to handle penetration damage in TFT.  Have it
do X dice - Y.

For example, if a heavy pistol does 4d - 5 it
could do anywhere from 0 to 19 damage.  On average
it will do around 8 to 9 points, which is pretty
nasty.  About half the time it can kill you.

Saying that weapons that rely on penetration use
significant negative dice modifiers means that
penetrating wounds will sometimes do a LOT of
damage, but often will very little.  (Bullet
punches thru a muscle and aside from a little
bleeding the wound is not serious.)

I also very much like the GURPS system where
bullets can be armor piercing:  They (for example)
halve armor protection, but then halve the damage
they do to flesh.

Warm Regards, Rick