Re: (TFT) Experimental Injury and Healing rules - comments Examples

In a message dated 12/30/2004 3:04:41 PM Central Standard Time,
cgadda@earthlink.net writes:

>While Erol uncritically accepts claims that there is no such thing as a
>"death spiral" (i.e. where wounds start to wear down one's ability to fight,
>as in the -2/-3 DX penalties for wounds in TFT) I tend to be a bit more
>skeptical, for reasons outlined in an earlier post from yesterday.

A point of order: I don't "uncritically accept claims that there is no such
thing as a
'death spiral'" since, as I posted earlier, I formerly held your position and
was convinced by arugment and evidence from many different places to change
my mind. Or more precisely: I've become convinced that, in the real world,
partial impairment from injury of the sort best represented by a Dx penalty is
rare enough that leaving it out completely is a better first approximation than
almost any other rule - certainly better than BTB TFT (or BTB GURPS).

Unfortunately I can't recall & present all the different bits of evidence
that convinced me - it wasn't just the one thread I posted a reference to, but
many other postings, ancidotes, and reports besides. I'll also accept that the
idea is counterintuitive, contrary to common sense, and even something that
reasonable people can disagree about.

But I have to deny that my take on the matter is *uncritical*