(TFT) Tolkien's Birthday

Today (January 3rd) is J.R.R. Tolkien's 113th Birthday. Fantasy gaming (including TFT) owes so much to his writings that I thought it would be appropriate to mention his birthday on our list. I, personally, would probably not have involved so much of my life around gaming and fantasy literature if I had never been introduced to his books. Other authors before him had written great fantasy literature to be sure (like Howard for example) but none had ever brought the scope and the quality of the genre up to the level that he captured. I owe him a great debt for the many enjoyable hours I've spent gaming, drawing and reading the various materials inspired by his works.

For more information from the Tolkien Society on how to toast the occasion of his birth you can visit their web site at:

http://www.tolkiensociety.org/toast/2005/

Therefore: To "The Professor"!
--David O. Miller