Re: (TFT) new rules: UC talents and character generation

My apologies for the formatting mess that slipped through. Let's try that again.

In our group, we also felt the UC talents needed a little more flavor, but we went with simplicity and familiararity. Below is a summary of the UC Talents with the additions we made. We have playtested these additions and they do not seem to upset the "balance" so to speak. They are fun without being too powerful or complex. Read and enjoy; comments welcomed.

Unarmed Combat Skill

General
Fighter must be unarmored or wearing cloth only. High strength fighters may wear any armor they can ignore totally, e.g. ST 18 and leather armor.

When rolling to attack, a result of 17 causes 1d6 damage to fighter, no armor protection. A result of 18 causes 1+1 damage and a chance of crippling. If a cripple occurs during a punch attack, ignore location and apply to arm. If cripple occurs during a kick attack or as a result of missing a kick, apply the rolled result.

Magic spells are not affected by U.C. defensive bonuses except missile spells, which are dodged like missile weapons.

U.C. I (IQ 10; 2)
Prerequisite: DX 13 or better. Adds +1 to all unarmed combat damage.

U.C. II (IQ 12; 2)
Prerequisite: U.C. I and DX 14 or better. Adds +2 to all unarmed combat damage. May throw foe; use shield rush rules.

U.C. III (IQ 14; 2)
Prerequisite: U.C. II. Adds +3 to all unarmed combat damage. Considered a master. When throwing a foe, foe must roll 5d6 vs. DX to avoid falling (4 dice if foes ST is greater than twice the thrower). May attempt to throw any foe that is less than 3 times his ST. May choose Defend option bare-handed. Fighter may double punch with both hands against a single target at  3 DX for each attack. Attack is delayed  3.

U.C. IV (IQ 14; 2)
Prerequisite: U.C. III and DX 15 or better. Fighter has natural eyes-behind ability. If fighter takes Defend option bare-handed, attacker must roll 5 dice to hit him. Fighter may snap kick for additional +1 to unarmed damage. If fighter misses, he must roll 4 vs. DX to avoid falling. A result of 21 or 22 causes 1d6 damage to fighter, no armor protection. A result of 23 or 24 causes 1+1 damage and a chance of crippling.

U.C. V (IQ 14; 3)
Prerequisite: U.C. IV and DX 16 or better. An attacker must roll 4 dice to hit this fighter in normal combat, 6 dice if he is dodging and 7 dice if he is defending. If a U.C. V fighter hits a foe for 3 or more damage, foe is hit on a nerve and drops weapon.

U.C. V fighters may double punch 2 separate targets. A U.C. V fighter may parry 2 hits with each arm that he does not attack with as in the 2-Weapons skill. If he chooses to parry with an arm, he may not kick.

If a U.C. V fighter charges a target in a straight line of 3 or more hexes, he may attempt a flying snap kick. If successful, damage is doubled. U.C. V fighters roll 3 dice to avoid falling from a missed snap kick and 4 dice for a missed flying snap kick. Flying snap kicks are not true charge attacks and do not take place before other attacks. Flying snap kicks only occur if the kicker has moved and can be aimed at any foe in any of his frontal hexes.

A U.C. V fighter may choose to sweep kick all foes in his frontal hexes. Treat as a sweep attack except no damage is done. All foes that are hit must roll 4 vs. DX to avoid falling.