Re: (TFT) Strength of Stone --> Give stone armor!

In a message dated 2/16/2005 12:51:18 PM Central Standard Time,
rsmith@lightspeed.ca writes:

> Just saying what I do,

OK. It just sounded like you hadn't read what I did, and that you were
suggesting adding 4 pts armor as a solution to the very high St of stone.

> Is it so bad that stone has 100 ST / cm?  Fundamentally
> the question is, is this something that needs to be
> changed?  What would be the most fun?

It just seems odd to have stone be so much tougher than wood - my estimates
give wood maybe 1-2 St per cm for a square meter, or 3-4 St per cm for a 1m x
2m door. I also give wood 1 or 2 pts armor, so a good tough wooden door 1 m x 2
m x 8 cm thick would have 2 pts armor and St 32. The equivalent stone door
would be 4 pts armor and St 800 - 25 times more Strength.

I could live with solid stone being that tough, but I'd also like to know how
tough not-solid stone is - cracked stone, or stone or brick walls (either
mortared or unmortared).

> What does the list feel?  Is tunneling too easy?

Just to be sure we're talking about the same thing: Are you asking if
tunneling with *magic* is too easy, or if tunneling with *tools* is too easy?