Re: (TFT) --> using petards to tunnel?

Note that a real historical petard's purpose was not to wipe out a horde of hymenopterans as an area effect weapon (the only application I remember actually using for one in TFT), but to blast a weak point in a castle, generally a door.

See this natty illustration:

http://www.roennebech.dk/www_fredericiashistorie/html/fredericia/lex/billede r/Petard.gif

However, we all know the reputation of this weapon is that it's at least somewhat likely not to work as expected.

If TFT, as in most similar societies, I expect that a bunch of minions are vastly more cost effective than a "high-tech" petard, unless you have a very specific mission for it, like breaking open a door in a big hurry... or a horde of hymenopterans... ;-)

Trying to speed up an amateur tunneling operation... I would give about 4/6 or 5/6 chance to bring down the ceiling if the tunnel and perhaps adjoining rooms.

PvK