Re: (TFT) Actual numbers on digging.

One correction:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter von Kleinsmid" <pvk@oz.net>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: (TFT) Actual numbers on digging.

> Yes, that's a good reference.
>
> I get from that:
> * Note that sandbagging I assume means the walls are intended to be shored
> up with sandbags.

Actually, no. The sense I got from the manual is that they were just using
the sandbags to remove the material, not to shore up anything (presumably,
the sandbags were then used for surface fortifications to protect gun
emplacements, etc. - this manual definately reflects the post-Great War
attitudes)

To shore up the excavated tunnels/galleries they used timber framing.