RE: (TFT) HTH mechanics

Hi All,

I've been using the HTH rules very happily lo these many years. Yes, getting in HTH with an animal can be fatal. I normally see this as a good thing, since to wrestle a lion successfully like Tarzan does usually takes someone as tough as Tarzan IMHO [ST approx 25-30, DX 19-25, Warrior and Veteran, UC I (untrained but *very* good OJT). Unless it's the movies Tarzan, in which case he's in trouble. ;-> Even a German Shepherd can be a real pain in unarmed combat if it gets you down.

There is a bit of confusion in AM - HTH is treated like an attack option (to be done on DX, after the movement phase) as described in the general options, but in the specific section is described as taking place during the movement phase. I just ignored that part, figuring it was one of the occasional inadequately proofed items in AM, and find the rules quite satisfactory. After all, one of the strong points, as I see it, in TFT is that players, even well developed ones, can die fairly easily if they aren't careful. Just like real life, where being 90th level (whatever that is) won't let you shrug off a bullet. Adds a certain level of interest to the game....

Best,

Eric

At 12:39 PM 3/11/2005, you wrote:
> [...]
It always seems to come up every couple of months. No one I have ever met
likes the HTH rules, often to the point of not allowing them.