Re: (TFT) HTH mechanics

At 10:09 AM 3/13/05 -0500, Nocstar wrote:
... I like the correction about a weapon larger than a
dagger, but don't you think a master of Unarmed Combat would also be able
to avoid HTH as easily or easier than a typical armed thug?

Yes, I do.

    * The difficulty to target a UC artist would increase with the level of
training.
    * No weapon is needed to fend off.
    * A UC artist attempting HTH would gain an advantage based on level of
training.
    * The advanced masters would be nearly impossible to take down by the
untrained.

I think my suggestion would be to allow UC talent to substitute for a weapon in my suggested rule, and to add that the 3/DX roll to get someone in HTH is a to-hit roll, so if something like Defending, Blur, and/or your UC skill makes you harder to hit, then you are also harder to get into HTH. Seems effective, no special rules are needed, and so also if someone has revised the UC talent rules, it will naturally work with these rules without any special tinkering.

I might try to develop this later on. Work is interfering with my fantasy
life. "They" just don't have their priorities right.

Y'know, me too, darn it...

PvK