Re: (TFT) Multi-hex figures question

> In the Labyrinth page 55 says "For all practical purposes, an Ogre
> is a very stupid, very vicious giant."
> Otherwise the Ogre is just a stupid giant.

Just like ITL says they are. I always thought this was clear that Ogres
are 3-hex like giants.

> On the page
> before this (page 54) Trolls are said to be large misshapen humaniods
> with ST at least 30 - maybe twice that. Since giants have a ST range of
> 25 to 40 this can make the Troll much stronger.
> Does anyone know of any other reference to clear this up?

See Advanced Melee, the combat example, where a troll appears, and is
shown on the map as a 1-hex figure. I always played them as such. I think
there may be a troll or two hiding in the MicroQuests too (but I may be
imagining that), also with maps showing their starting position as
one-hex.

Since we're on the subject of trolls, a troll story: I (the GM, in role of
a Wizard) had a troll in one of my TFT campaigns who was Geas-ed to carry
a battleaxe. In TFT, this meant 3d damage instead of 2d. Before any PC's
ever encountered him, we started playing in the same game world, but using
GURPS to resolve the action, and then the most experienced hero in the
campaign encountered this troll, one on one. In GURPS, damage correlates
to Strength, and so this troll was now able to do an enormous amount of
damage if it hit anything. In TFT, the troll had essentially zero chance
of besting the hero. In GURPS, he could easily have cut him in half in one
swing, if he managed to hit. Fortunately for the hero, GURPS has more ways
to defeat and avoid getting hurt by opponents using skill and tactics ...

PvK