Re: (TFT) Monsters, Monsters

Howdy everyone!  The Monsters Monsters thread got me thinking that I have a copy of this book that I picked up at a Con a few years back.  Or maybe I did and maybe I didn't, I don't quite remember.  I hunted for it with no luck on my bookshelves.  Sigh...

Not one to be daunted by the perils of my fading IQ, I did some hunting on-line for Monsters Monsters.  Would you believe someone posted the rulebook on his Tunnel Runner web page on Angelfire?  The site existed from 2001 to 2003 but is not there now.   You can use the Internet Archive Wayback Machine to visit Tunnel Runner if you want.  Go to http://www.archive.org.  Then enter this address in the search box:  http://www.angelfire.com/tn2/Tunnelsandtrolls/.  If you want to suck the Monsters Monsters rules out of the Wayback Machine, enter this address:  http://www.angelfire.com/tn2/Tunnelsandtrolls/MMRules.doc.

By the way, the MMRules file does not have the original art or the starter adventure and its maps.  It is just plain text.  Would anyone be willing to scan these pages, just for fun?

This whole mis-adventure has me in the mood to try a little Monsters Monsters with my kids this weekend, but using TFT rules and the new plastic D&D miniatures.

Cheers!

David Peterson

tft@brainiac.com:
Hi, All !

On Ebay, there is a copy of "Monsters, Monsters" by Metagaming for sale.

I believe it was a kind of predecessor to TFT.  Can anyone tell me more
about it?  At $75 (the asking price), I doubt if I will buy it; but I am
curious.