Re: (TFT) John's healing spell.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Smith" <rsmith@lightspeed.ca>
To: <tft@brainiac.com>

Hi John,
  Normally it takes 2 days to heal one point of
damage (way too fast but hey, it is a fantasy
game).  Using your spell, it costs 10 fST which
you can recover in 2.5 hours.  One of the nice
things about TFT is that wounds were far more
dangerous than in D&D.  In TFT you can't do the
fight, heal, fight loop that you see in the
D&D dungeon crawls.

  However, your spell is less troubling than
the ones I've seen where you get 1d+2 hit points
back and the spell costs 2 fST per casting.

  Search the archive for my healing spells to
see my suggested solution to this.

I submit that the level of healing allowed should be determined by how gritty and dangerous the GM wants the game to be. I've been all over the board on this, but I'm currently in a high power mode. Thus, my TFT would (if I was running one right now) would have high powered healing spells and cheap healing potions.

To keep cheap healing spells/potions from extending the time required for combat, I have healing spells and potions take at least 1 minute to take effect. This effectively makes them "after the fight" options. It also keeps the current fight dangerous...