Re: (TFT) Erol and Wuxia

Wuxia is chinese swordsman movies - the "chivalrous knight errant" is a standard chinese literature and cinematic (most movies actually taken from the literature which is mostly untranslated) genre. Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is simply one of the few that have made it to large scale western attention.

Standard terms: http://www.wu-jing.org/News/M03/2003-01-Wuxia-03-Glossary.php

Very good explanation: http://www.heroic-cinema.com/articles/wuxia.htm

By the way, TFT works exceptionally well for a wuxia based campaign, I've been running one for 20 years. If you follow chinese movies, you'll note that people die - a lot - including the good guys.

Best,

Eric

At 03:09 AM 4/7/2005, you wrote:
Hi Erol,