RE: (TFT) Rodney King where are you???

From: Justin Grabowski <brethalda@yahoo.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: (TFT) Rodney King where are you???
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 16:14:36 -0700 (PDT)

Can't we all get along?

Hear, hear ! After all, we all like a game; we should all play by the rules of common courtesy.

I chose TFT because it was easy, fast, fun, and not level based! How many of you can say you can play this game now without the rules? How many other RPGs can you play without constantly refering to the rules? This is why I like TFT!!! Even though I have not played the game in over ten years except for PBEM, this is still the most simplest almost realistic set of rules I have ever played and my favorite RPG.

TFT was the first FRPG I encountered, and it has remianed my favorite for the reasons you gave. It is so elegantly simple, and it strijkes a good balance between playability and realism. I especially enjoy how it allows characters the freedom to develop themselves.

Poll?

Certainly !

How many of you are cinematic GMs?

How many of you are realistic GMs?

I'm more realistic than cinematic, if that is approrpiate to say for a fantasy game that has elves and dragons and whatnot. However, I also try to make the game fun, and I will diminish the realism to give my players enjoyment. Most of my realism goes into developing background for the world, developing GM characters and their motiviations, etc.

How many of you play TFT healing like D&D healing?

I confess: I play healing more like D & D than TFT. I want those characters to live !

--John