Re: (TFT) Healing & Injury rules. --> Does Aid give (temp) hit points?

On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 08:13, Marc Gacy wrote:
> Depending on the situation though, especially with high ST or even no
> healing spells, it is actually a pretty good gamble. ...

   True.  The situations you describe there is a very
good chance that damage will occur that turn or the
next.  Note this assumes that the wizard has a higher
adj DX than the person dealing the damage to your
friend.

   Of course if the fighter friend you were boosting
had several enemies yet to go your strategy is even
more likely to help.

> Also, as to your first point, does that mean that your version of the
> Aid spell provides fST (fatigue ST which heals quicker, answering John's
> question) and cannot provide real ST?

Yes.  It says on the Aid spell that the ST given lasts
2 turns.  So if you were damaged it would 'help' for
10 seconds then vanish.

When I explicitly distinguished between ST and fST, it
seemed a natural understanding that Aid gives fST and
not hit points (which would only last for two turns
anyway).

Now if GM's wanted to make the IQ 9 Aid spell more
powerful they could say that magically, any damage taken
off would always come from the Aided (f)ST first, and
not from your regular hit points.  So many of my wizard
PC's take Aid that I've never felt the need to make it
more attractive.

Regards, Rick