only sorta RE: (TFT) Poll - TFT Books We'd Like to See

"John Gfoeller" writes:

> In contrast, there is D&D.  There are tons of rules, charts, graphs,
> supplements and so on.  Keeping up with that game is like keeping up with
> tax law.  There isn't much room for flexibility, and there's always a price
> to pay for the next necessary supplement.

To beg a point of order, those aren't rules that sell a new hardcover every
month, even though WotC (and TSR before them) calls them rules.   The new
technical term seems to be "crunch".   The actual rules (core mechanics) of
D&D
(3rd) are fairly short and concise, and they don't get added to on a monthly
basis.   The "crunch" (which includes races, classes, feats, monsters, spells,
and
equipment), however, grows constantly, and keeping up with it is indeed quite
a job.

By comparison, it is somewhat arguable if TFT talents are rules or crunch,
but I tend towards the latter, as talents are (along with your equipment list
of
choice, the MI rules, and the spells and critters) a reflection of the
setting upon the rules.

   mechanics--->crunch<---setting

GC