RE: (TFT) First impressions on Dark City Games and The Crown of Kings

Has anyone seen this site: http://www.crownofkings.com/?

John

-----Original Message-----
From: tft-owner@brainiac.com [mailto:tft-owner@brainiac.com] On Behalf Of
Joe Hartley
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 1:33 PM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) First impressions on Dark City Games and The Crown of
Kings

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:31:47 -0500
"Ty Beard" <tybeard@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Legends of the Ancient World appears to be designed to be "interoperable"
> with TFT. While it plays differently, I think that adventures would be
> playable with either system without any changes.

Crown of Kings was designed in 1980 as a MicroQuest; it was
submitted to Metagaming, which by then was toward the end of
its days.

LotAW was definitely designed to be interoperable with TFT.

I spent about a half-hour on the phone yesterday with George Dew
of Dark City Games, who told me that they started with a rewrite
of TFT and then stripped it down more for a fast-playing combat system.

In other news, I got the OK (and a nice hi-res image!) from George
to do a CyberBoard gamebox for the Crown of Kings, so I'll be doing
that up soon, and will then be looking for a PBEM game.