Re: (TFT) Security Station

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:23:18 -0800 (PST)
Christopher Fuhrman <fuhrman8or@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The issue with TFT redistribution for a fee is obviously whether
> "abandoned" games are public domain.

I've done _way_ too much research into this, and learned that at
least in terms of printed materials, they cannot be "abandoned".  A
copyright can expire, though the term of copyright is now greatly extended
thanks to Diznee's coercion of the US gubmint.

Someone, or some legal entity out there, owns the copyrights on all the
TFT stuff, and just because the works are not actively in print, the
owner still has all the rights to it.

This is in direct contrast to trademarks, which must be actively
enforced by the holder lest they lose them - ask me about my domain name
sometime!

My guess is that Imprint is just hoping they don't get caught.