Re: (TFT) Memories --> Tim gives us the goods on Dave???

Before I share any old memories let me get our timeline straight. This will let Dave know I'm really who I claim to be.

  I met Dave at Eastern Kentucky University in 1979. From 1979-80 we played Melee, Wizard, and finally TFT. Also C&S, Runequest, and some other games. I'm fairly sure I was the person who introduced him to Melee & Wizard during this time.

  A few years later our paths crossed again in Huntsville, Alabama. That was from around 1987-90. Dave was GM'ing a variety of RPGs for our local group: Runequest and Call of Cthulhu are the ones I remember the most. He was really, really good at it too. He always had the perfect "mood music" to play during our sessions. And being a professional artist, he could really whip up some quick (and stunning) visual representations to aid in the RPG.

  Sometimes we would take breaks from the RPG campaigns on some weekends and just have 'beer-n-pretzel' sessions where we played massive Melee battles. Tons of fun.

  During those years I remember I designed and GM'd a couple of one-session adventures for our group using the TFT rules. They were based on movies we liked. One was "The Vikings", based on that old movie of the same name (Kirk Douglas, Tony Curtis, Ernest Borgnine). The other was "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad" (no explanation necessary, I'm sure). These adventures were built like the "Death Test" programmable adventures that Metagaming put out. I thought they were fun (maybe Dave will remember and voice his opinion).  Sadly, I was an idiot and lost the notebooks with these adventures over the years, otherwise I'd clean them up and post them for everyone here.

  I haven't played any TFT since those days, but I still love the system.

  Regards, Tim

Rick Smith <rsmith@lightspeed.ca> wrote:
  Hi Tim,
Sometime you should share a memory of
one of Dave's adventures from a player's
point of view!

Welcome!

Regards, Rick.