Re: (TFT) Re: Huge underground caves

At 02:38 PM 4/5/06 -0700, you wrote:
  I.C.E. Moria has huge holes, km on a side
AND a short distance below are active flows of
magma. ...

Sounds like someone wanted to fill in their map...

  No doubt the writer of I.C.E. Moria would
give me a pitying look for being such a geek
and say "Its MAGIC".  Fair enough.  But I am
still bothered by the logical inconsistencies
which are ignored in the product.

Were there other I.C.E. products which didn't disappoint such hopes?

The exaggerated huge hall in Moria in the recent Jackson Fellowship of the Ring film struck me as being pointlessly enormous, pointlessly tall, pretty much all-pointless yet incredibly difficult or even impossible to build. That feeling of disbelief was then far surpassed when later, thousands of goblins appeared, and some of them were climbing down the columns from the ceiling. Pointless utterly unbelievable excess, to me. Apparently many people don't immediately realize how silly that looked...

Which isn't to say that Tolkien quite deserves to be held responsible to what the film and game makers presented as Moria.

PvK