  From: Steven Stein
  To: tft@brainiac.com
  Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 9:06 PM
  Subject: (TFT) THANK YOU FOR THE WARM WELCOME!

  Thank you for the pleasant welcome.  I am glad to find folks that know what
  TFT is.David - I played while I was going to college at Kent State
University
  (Kent, Ohio) and several summer weekends in Solon, Ohio.  We were a very
tight
  group and played our own little campaigns/characters.  It was introduced to
me
  by a fellow who later became my best friend, who is from Cleveland, we had
  guy who was from Ashtabula, one from Solon, one from Bay Village, and we
even
  had a fellow classmate from Boise Idaho who played with us a few times.
I'm
  originally from Coshocton County, Ohio (East-Central and very rural).Rick -
  was attracted to the idea of Traveller, but when I tried to playtest
  scenarios, the action just didn't seem to flow correctly.  I really liked
  toying around with designing ships, planets, bureaucratic processes,
  governments, etc.  but never had the opportunity to play.  I don't think it
  was weird, I just think I just got used to a simpler combat system with
TFT,
  so D&D, Traveller, Car Wars, etc all seemed to move so much slower.  Either
  that or I'm just not the brightest bulb in the bunch!I look forward to our
  future discussions.-Steve