(TFT) Wargame 5 --> Wizards in TFT Wargame --> Apprentices DX

Hi all,
  I have a bit more time & thought I should expand
on this.

  In regular TFT rules, Apprentices get paid the
same regardless of DX so long as they have the Aid
spell.  I knew this was silly but didn't bother
about it until some PC's set up a laboratory.  In
order to gain a competitive advantage over their
NPC competitors they offered apprentices $55 but
had a week long job interview where the youngsters
had to cast dozens and dozens of one point Aid
spells on a tester.

  They only hired Apprentices with DX 13+ and 11+
ST.

  Well my NPC's were not going to take this laying
down, etc.  Soon the 'apprentice market' was
rationalized and I made the average $50 and did
my best to ignore it there after.

  An apprentice with DX 8 will miss 3/4 of the time
costing 1 fST per error.  One at DX 10 makes 50% of
his tries and one at DX 13 makes 3/4 of his attempts.

  In addition, wizards want fST NOW, when they are
creating powerful magical tools and items.  An
apprentice that misses a lot of the time is just
not worth it.

  For simplicity, in my campaign, no one hires
apprentices DX 9 or lower.  Those at DX 10 or 11 get
half wages (including time being taught spells) but
they still must be paid for room & board.  Those
with DX 12 or higher get standard rate.

  There are apprentices with DX 11 and less, but
they have powerful economic incentives to practice
their spells until they are better, or find some
other line of work.

  Has anyone else felt the need to rework App.'s
wages based on DX and or their fST?

  Warm regards, Rick.